There is still time to find a cultural getaway in early 2018, some of our most popular tours have a small number of spaces remaining. Follow the links below to learn more about each tour and contact us soon to reserve your place.
Glasgow: Patrons, Art & Innovation - LIMITED
May 7 - 13, 2018; £1435
• Follow the work of key figures including Robert Adam, Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, and the pioneer obstetrician and collector, William Hunter, founder of the Hunterian Museum
• Take a trip to the Isle of Bute for Mount Stuart, one of the most lavish and individual late Victorian houses in Scotland
• Travel with art historian Evelyn Silber, formerly Director of the Hunterian Museum and Chair of The Mackintosh Society
Isles of Scilly - SPACES
May 8 - 15, 2018; £2245
• Explore the botanical and ornithological highlights of the tranquil Isles of Scilly in the company of expert exologists
• Visit the famous sub-tropical gardens of Tresco, home to a rich diversity of exotic plants
• Take in archaeological sites, wetland birdlife and maritime-influenced vegetation
Wildlife & Walking in Extremadura - SPACES
May 9 - 16, 2018; £1695
• Wander over rolling plains and through cork and holm oak dehesas in one of the most untouched areas of Spain.
• Highlights include the Parque Natural de Monfragüe, perhaps the finest raptor-watching site in Europe.
• Stay first in historic Cáceres and then in a traditional family-run finca set deep within forests of cork oak and steppe grassland.
Art & Architecture of the Loire Valley - LIMITED
May 14 - 21, 2018; £2590
• Discover the rich cultural legacy of the Loire Valley through visits to the varied collections housed in the beautiful chateaux of the region
• Visits will include Chateau de Chenonceau, the former home of Catherine de Medici, and Chateau de Beauregard, the 16th century hunting lodge of François I
• Make excursions to Montreuil-Bellay on the river Thouet and the village of Troo, which is famous for the troglodytic dwellings cut into its tufa cliffs
Handel Festival in Göttingen - LIMITED
May 16 - 23, 2018; £2595
• Experience an array of concerts at the 2018 Göttingen International Handel Festival
• Enjoy the festival’s Gala Concert, a performance of Handel’s oratorio The Choice of Hercules and his setting of Dettingen Te Deum
• Visit Göttingen, the old university town of half timbered houses set amid the rolling mountains of Lower Saxony
Pompeii with Herculaneum - SPACES
May 19 - 25, 2018; £1815
• This perennial favourite offers a thought-provoking window onto Roman life in the company of archaeologist Andrew Wilson
• Discover Cumae, one of the most important Greek city-states in antiquity, alongside Pozzuoli with its impressive Roman amphitheatre
• The renowned Archaeological Museum in Naples supports our site visits with an unparalleled collection of artefacts